Saturday, July 2, 2011

Peach Picking

The weather is hot hot hot out!  We decided to spend the morning wandering through the shade of the peach orchard in search of some sweet fruit.  It was still hot, but there was a nice breeze blowing up on Carter Mountain.  We strolled through the orchard (Drew in his stroller and Evan in the wagon, or should I say in and out and in and out of the wagon), climbed the trees, ate peaches in the orchard, snacked on strawberry ice cream, and got peach donuts for tomorrow's breakfast.  Both boys, and both adults, were completely wiped after a great morning. 

Of course, mommy packed everything we could possibly need for both boys, including the entire camera bag... minus the camera battery!  It was left recharging in the kitchen.  D'oh!  Luckily I had my phone with me, so I got a couple snaps to share.  I guess this is just a good excuse to go again!  Yum! 

Surveying Charlottesville from
atop Carter Mountain

Drew's dreaming of the day he can
eat a peach too!

Daddy showing Evan how to
find a ripe peach

Mommy: "Yummers!" 
Evan: "No, it's not yummy, Mommy; it's delicious!"

No comments: