Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a great Mother's Day!  Evan was busy all week at school making me a "surprise" (he said so each day when I picked him up from school - and the word surprise doesn't mean much to a 2 1/2 year old!), and couldn't wait to give it to me: flowers and a new super-stylish purse!  He was SO proud of his work, and from the amount of glitter and paint, he definitely had fun decorating them!  We had sweet morning snuggles, a yummy French Toast breakfast, I got beautiful real flowers, and just the right amount of relaxing time paired with fun outside play time.  We grilled for dinner, and capped off the evening by getting ice cream and watching a hot air balloon float overhead.  I love being a mommy to this kiddo! 

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, including mine! 


 

(We thought for a while that baby would make a Mother's Day appearance, but it didn't happen.  We're still anxiously waiting!)

No comments: