Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flowers in the yard









OK, so this post has nothing to do with Evan. But author's perogative says I can post it anyway! So, for your eye-candy enjoyment, here are some photos of flowers in our yard. I've been having fun choosing and planting a bed over the last couple years, and this year it's really taken off. Maybe because I've been watering it more... anyway, I had access to a fancy camera this weekend and tested it out on what's currently in bloom. Sadly, some of the delicate blooms I had wanted to shoot have already dropped off! But here are some of what is still there. The hydrangeas are actually two different bushes along the back fence. They're almost right next to each other and are the exact same type, but yet different colors! Since hydrangeas react to the acid in the soil, I can only deduce that Ernie has a clear preference as to which bush he likes for his bathroom. I've seen him use one more than the other, and it's clearly affected the bloom colors. Nature is so very interesting! Hopefully I'll get to use the camera off and on again as more plants show their delicate petals, and will share more as they come. Enjoy!

No comments: