Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quite the Morning

Editors Note: there is no photo associated with this post. By the time you finish reading, you'll thank me for that.

Mike is in Pittsburgh this weekend for his annual concert trip with the guys. Evan woke at 630, looking for his Paci, which I happily supplied and even more happily went back to bed. He got up again at 830, and I could hear him talking to himself on the monitor. In the few minutes before he'd let me know he was hungry, I got up, let out and fed Ernie, and got Evan's breakfast ready. Evan was still happily chatting to himself, and I was ready for a good morning.

When I opened the door, I could tell right away that something wasn't right. Evan was just too happy, and there was a big dark spot on his sheets. And the room smelled. As soon as I turned on the lights, I knew the morning wasn't going to be quite as happy as I had planned.

During the morning, Evan had done what all babies do, pooed in his diaper. But this was a big poo, and it had overflowed out the top. Since Evan's a curious little fella, and since he's outgrown his one-piece jammies, he decided to reach around and see what this new texture was that was on his back. His hair, shirt, legs, arm, hand, and sheets were covered in poo. There was even poo in his ear! Oye, what a mess! (But he thought it was pretty cool - after all, it's a fun squishy texture.) So I picked him up and carried him, holding him as far away from me as possible (think 90's movie "Three Men and A Baby"), straight to the bath. He got soaped up, rinsed, and soaped again. One more time for good measure... then into new clothes. The bed was changed, his clothes went to soak, and I washed the floor where I had dropped his dirty jammies. Then it was into the shower for me. Finally, we could settle down to a good breakfast, an hour later. He was such a good sport about the whole thing, I just had to laugh...then call Mike and tell him what a big morning he missed.

No comments: